Friday, December 09, 2011

Albert Pujols will now be donning a Los Angeles Angels (of Anaheim) uniform.
Jamie Squire / Getty Images

BOUND FOR ANAHEIM! To the dismay of the World Series champion St. Louis Cardinals and the delight of Anahei—err, Los Angeles Angels fans, Albert Pujols is set to mound the first base at Angel Stadium of Anaheim next spring...to the tune of a 10-year, $254 million contract. Unlike Alex Rodriguez’s then-ridiculous $252 million contract with the Texas Rangers back in 2000, however, Pujols actually deserves to be offered this absurd amount of money...what with him already having two championship rings before he moves to Orange County next year. (A-Rod had to join the high-spending New York Yankees in 2007 to win a title...which he did back in 2009.) Speaking of the Texas Rangers, the Angels also dished out $77.5 million to lure pitcher C.J. Wilson from the 2011 American League champion.

Despite the fact I keep telling people that I’m a Halos fan, I’ve never been to an Angels game before. I have been to three Dodgers games, though (two of those games resulted in losses to the San Francisco Giants). I’m willing to attend an Angels game by myself (since almost all of my friends are die-hard fans of Los Doyers) if it means that I’ll be witnessing another O.C. championship run next season. Hopefully, Angels fans will party next October like they did back in 2002!

Arte Moreno (owner of the Angels) = Santa Claus. NBA owners (excluding Jerry Buss) = Grinch / Ebenezer Scrooge. You’d know what I was talking about if you kept track of the news regarding the Lakers trying to acquire point guard Chris Paul from the New Orleans Hornets. Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment