Tuesday, July 12, 2011

An aerial view of the REAL Edwards Air Force Base in California.

SO TWO NIGHTS AGO, I had an amusing dream where I visited Edwards Air Force Base in California. The dream started off with me and several other cars driving through the Mojave Desert...with my car quickly running out of gas. For the remainder of the trip, I was outside my car pushing it over sand dunes and dusty roads before finally making it to the airbase. Once I got there, I had to use a plastic ID card to open doors as I entered the main building...which is funny...'cause there was not one moment where I was actually out on the airfield checking out the jet fighters and whatnot. I was inside this building the whole time.

The main thing that I recall from being inside this building (which looked more like a library than a facility at a military airbase) were glass displays that had models of Gundam robots (from Mobile Suit Gundam Wing, a popular Japanese anime) inside of ‘em. These were the only things that I was checking out while at this building. When it was time to leave, I didn’t have my car to go home in (it didn’t have gas, anyway). I had to call my mom to pick me up instead. It was after this part of the dream where things started to get real interesting.

So after I talked to my mom on my cellphone, I attempted to walk over to the main entrance from which I entered the building. It turns out, however, that visitors like myself were not allowed to exit the building from that entrance. We had to leave the facility through another exit...a backdoor, if you will. Only high-ranking military officials like generals were allowed to enter and exit from the main entrance.

So a couple of other people and I exited the library/building/whatever through the backdoor, and found ourselves in the middle of a ghetto urban neighborhood (just to recap: I’m suppose to be at Edwards Air Force Base). To make matters worse, we had to go all the way around the library/building/whatever (which now looks like a large parking structure from the outside) to get to the main entrance. After a long walk which was taking us nowhere, my group ended up going back to the building and try to come up with a Plan B (since it now seemed like we were trapped at um, Edwards AFB).

While chillin’ inside some waiting room with large glass windows all around, my group noticed that the employees were entering and exiting hallways using ID cards (like the one I used earlier) that they swipe through electronic boxes near the doors. Can’t remember how we obtained the cards (I was missing the one I used when I arrived at the building), but most of my group were able to escape except for me and some tall African-American dude (who looked like a young version of Hank, the security guard from the TV show The Office). The African-American dude, who for some odd reason was wearing a yellow raincoat, used a card made out of cardboard to swipe through the electronic box...which obviously didn’t accept the card and caused all the doors inside the building to lock close. We were on lockdown.

Moments later, a group of military officials—which included one general who looked like actor Michael Ironside (best known for roles in movies and TV shows such as Starship Troopers, X-Men: First Class, Burn Notice and Smallville)—entered the room to question the Hank lookalike. Hank clearly looked like he wanted to piss in his pants while General Ironside was interrogating him. A couple of minutes afterward, Ironside and his men left the room, and Hank—seeing that all the doors were left open—quickly got the heck oughta’ there. Can’t remember what happened afterwards, but Hank later called me on my cell to inform me of an escape route from the building...and next thing you know, I’m walking through a suburban street with lots of trees in the area (I’m at Edwards AFB, as a reminder) and saw that my mom, dad and one of my aunts were waiting for me inside their car nearby. This whole so-called ordeal took place at night, and apparently my folks were parked there through the morning waiting to pick me up. So I got inside the car, and once I closed the door, I woke up. And that’s the dream I had two nights ago.

I got a good memory, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment