Monday, January 31, 2011

The Sky Shuttles of CIRCUS CIRCUS Hotel in Las Vegas.

PHOTOS OF THE DAY... Remember back in the day when Circus Circus was one of the most popular hotels on the Las Vegas Strip? I do...back in the early '90s. Anyways, just thought I’d post these two pics of why I enjoyed traveling to Sin City when I was young: Getting to ride on these so-called "Sky Shuttles" at Circus Circus. In the image above are shuttles heading to and departing from the Circus Circus Manor. I remember that there was a Pink Panther stuffed animal sitting on a chair inside the Sky Shuttles’ control room at the Manor. I wonder if that stuffed animal is still there? Pretty amusing.

So when was the last time I went to Las Vegas, you ask? Back in 2006...for a family reunion. Would I go back to Vegas, you ask again? Well— I’ve outgrown playing video games at the arcades, and I don’t gamble. And I don't have mad cash to spend at the Moonlite BunnyRanch (which is actually located in Carson City, Nevada)...so not anytime soon, haha. Oh, and if you want me to get artsy-fartsy in this Blog, I am no longer amused by Sin City’s postmodern sensibility. If I wanted to see the skyscrapers of New York, I’d travel to that city again (I last visited the Big Apple in 2006 as well). The Luxor Hotel was cool to stay at (my family booked a room there back in 1996), but I'd rather travel to Egypt (um, just not right now...in case you've been watching the news lately) to see the real Pyramids. And if I wanted to see the actual Eiffel Tower, I’d...look at a photo of it online. That is all.

The Sky Shuttles of CIRCUS CIRCUS Hotel in Las Vegas.

No comments:

Post a Comment