Friday, October 15, 2010

SO LAST NIGHT, I had a dream where I was celebrating my birthday (which was 11 days ago by the way... Happy 31st B-Day to me), and I was gonna grub at some pizza restaurant for dinner. I was going with Susie, her brother (who’s still one of my co-workers in real life) and one of his friends. At the last minute, it was Susie who ended up driving...despite the fact it was my car that she was using (which was a blue 2005 VW Beetle in the dream, not a Toyota Corolla). What made this dream um, noteworthy, was that during the entire drive Susie was getting angry at me for things that I don’t remember, and I think we were embroiled in a huge argument. For much of the trip, we were driving around looking for the pizza restaurant. I thought it was in Orange County, but then I started to think that it might be closer to where I live (somewhere between Walnut and La Puente). So I ended up calling one of my high school friends (Sarina... If you’re reading this, hi Sarina!), who started to randomly speak in Chinese (and Spanish too, I think. Haha) as I asked her where the pizza joint was. I don’t think Sarina ever told me where the restaurant was located (in real life, she and her boyfriend treated me to a birthday meal at Buca di Beppo—an Italian restaurant that obviously serves pizzas—in Orange County in 2007), and the dream ended with Susie, her brother and I still driving around looking for the restaurant. Her brother’s friend randomly disappeared from the car.

The gist of this journal entry? I was shocked at how bitter Susie was towards me in this dream. In real life, I haven’t spoken to her in person since last April...and before that, May of 2009 (she did respond to a comment I posted under one of her status updates on Facebook two months ago). I think she may be peeved at me for no longer keeping in touch with her since she left the company we were co-workers at 2 years ago (random Facebook comment notwithstanding). Would I want to be co-workers with her again? Um...nay.

No comments:

Post a Comment