Wednesday, June 09, 2010

TODAY marked the second time in five years that I ran into Teary (the make-up artist for my senior thesis film Envious in college) and her sister Bri at a movie screening I worked in Orange. Unfortunately, unlike in 2005, they weren’t able to get tickets this time around since they showed up several minutes after we reached capacity inside the theater. I quietly told Teary and Co. that they could still join the line...but my co-worker had to eventually turn them away since we already filled up on their demo (RE: Asian) for this marketing screening. I don’t know what makes me feel worse; the fact that I had Teary and Bri (plus two of their friends who they showed up with) wait in line for nothing, or the fact Teary somewhat made me feel bad when she asked "You still work here?" when she saw me. Hmm... Probably that second part. (This October marks six years since I started working at this company.) Bri and one of her friends (who I knew since college as well) did look back at me and wave as they departed, while Teary just waved without turning her head while continuing to walk off (oh well). If there’s an upside to that question Teary asked me, it’s that at least she remembered we ran into each other at that screening in '05. Thanks for having a good memory, babe. Ignore the fact that last sentence about Teary in the previous paragraph didn't exactly put her in a positive light. Still love ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment