Thursday, June 19, 2008

While working a private film screening in Hollywood last night, one of the security guards helping out our staff asked me if I had the phone number of Sue...who apparently had a conversation with the guard during a screening she worked the week before. At first, I told the guard that I did have her number, but it was at home. Obviously, this was a lie...as the digits were safely stored on my cell phone (I promptly saved it the minute Sue gave me her number through a message she sent me via MySpace more than a year ago)...which was undoubtedly tucked inside the business suit I was wearing that time. Eventually, I told the guard the truth: That I really like Sue and there’s no friggin’ way in hell I’m gonna give her digits to some dude I hardly know so he could call her up (not my exact words, of course).

One of my co-workers told me he was there last week when Sue had a chat with this guard, and that his request to get her number or give her his number was a legitimate one. BUT COULD I CARE LESS. Even if the request to call her is for a business-related reason, do you really think I’m gonna put this guy in the position to make a move on Sue if she ever breaks up with her current boyfriend (that is, after the guard somehow gets word of it)? HEELLLL NO! Sorry buddy... If you want Sue’s number, then wait to see her again at a screening and ask her in person. I’m the last dude you should be asking about her.

BTW, I don't sound like a paranoid ass, do I? Haha, don't answer that (not that I'd know if you did). Just thought I’d vent.

No comments:

Post a Comment