Thursday, December 13, 2007

MYSPACE: A Barometer for Friendships? As stupid and moronic as that sounds, this website is somewhat of an interesting indicator of who your close friends are...assuming they're also on MySpace. The reason why I say this is because you can be cool with someone whenever you see them in person, but when you try to add them to your buddy list, they leave you hangin’. Fortunately, in 98% of the time, people who I think I was cool with actually added me to their buddy list (click here for 1% that didn’t. The other 1% will go unmentioned). Of course, the official and most obvious way of finding out if you’re considered a close pal is if you’re on their Top 8 list (or Top 40, the current maximum) on their profile. Even if you’re not, you can tell if you’re cool with someone if they at least left one comment (whether it’s an image or a profile comment) on your page. If a person has never posted even one comment, and they’ve been on my list for the past, um, 2 years...then that’s a good way of deciding whether or not I’m gonna delete them in the future. And I’ve already deleted a person or two based on that merit. You’re expendable, buddy! Of course, I’d also point out that I considered deleting someone if they didn’t approve a comment that I tried to post on their page in the past, but I myself have been guilty of deleting or denying a comment or two if it was awkward, made me look bad, or was slowing down the download time of my profile (because of some lame image or video that person was trying to send). Or I'm probably just being anal about all this, haha.

Back to the Top 8 thing, I actually hid my list because quite frankly, it’s a jinx since sooner or later I’m gonna remove someone from there ‘cause they pissed me off. I also hid my buddy list count—the reason being that the more people you have on your buddy list, the more often you’re gonna see your count shrink because people removed you...since they think all you’re doing is trying to rack up the number of "friends" you have on your page. It’s true. Of course, I just might be overanalyzing a bit. For the record, I currently have 218 friends... Most of them hot import models, haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment