Wednesday, January 10, 2007

On Monday, there were four girls I knew in high school who I sent requests to be friends with on MySpace (using the term "add to my buddy list on MySpace" sounds somewhat...awkward here, for some odd reason). Three of these girls, two hot Latinas and one cute Pinay, did add me...which was cool. The two Latinas, in particular, surprised me...since to this day they’re still as fine as ever (you should’ve seen them back in high school)! The fact that they haven’t changed at all (and I know other girls in high school who the years haven’t exactly been kind to) is pretty amazing. The Pinay hasn’t changed at all either. I won’t say who she is, except to mention that I asked her to the Prom in senior year (she already had a date during that time), haha.

But truthfully, this entry isn’t about those three girls. It’s about the fourth one who didn’t add me. If you’ve been reading my journal for the past, um, six years (probably not likely), you probably would’ve came across one or two entries about her...and a pic of her is also somewhere in my Gallery. NO, it’s not Denise (I said high school, not college! And I don't have a pic with Denise). Anyways, it’s this girl—another Pinay—who actually made high school worth reminiscing about over all these years, since the highlight of those four years was talking to her during homeroom and the two other classes we had together in, um, 10th grade (HINT HINT. Good thing I didn’t enable the ‘comments’ feature here...otherwise I’d be getting replies to the likes of "Stop dwelling on the past, man!!"). This girl’s profile is set to ‘private’ (read a recent entry for my take on this), so I actually sent her a friendly message to break the ice the same time I made the add request. I also sent messages to the two Latinas since one of them also restricted her page...but fortunately things worked out with that girl, or otherwise I wouldn’t have typed that paragraph above. Unfortunately, for the girl who made high school worth reminiscing about (for me), that message obviously didn’t work.

To make matters worse, not only did she not add me...but she also forwarded that message I sent her to someone else (like regular e-mail accounts, you can check to see if the messages you’ve sent on MySpace have already been read or not by the other person). Obviously, she didn’t forward that message ‘cause she was flattered by what I told her. Apparently, there was something I said in that message (which was pretty much the same thing I told the Latinas... "Hope you’re doing well. Hope we can be friends on MySpace, haha" or something like that. Hmm... Perhaps I should’ve wrote ‘haha’ in the message to that Pinay since it would’ve sounded more like a joke and not so, um—now that I think about it—desperate? That was friggin’ unintentional) that made her laugh, but not in a good way. So after all these years, my memory of high school had to be tarnished by trying to be friends with a former crush (can’t think of a less cheesy term to use) on some lame social network site. That really sucks. The big question is... Who did she forward that message to? One of her friends who also went to the same high school as us (one of them laughs like a horse, FYI)? Her new husband (she got married recently...and YES, this event obviously tarnished those high school memories waaay before this new situation occurred. But this situation is, um, less acceptable to me)? Or one of her sisters? I would have to say this last one is the most likely...since I added her oldest sister on MySpace back in 2005, but she deleted me when she was dropping people from her buddy list during that time (her buddy list actually became a lot larger after that, but now her profile is restricted so her current number of 'friends' is unknown). And I also sent a message to her sister to let her know who I was.

I probably wouldn’t be as disappointed as I am now since that Pinay didn’t add me, but the fact she didn’t add me and presumably made a fool out of me by forwarding that message is what pisses me off even more. Man... So many highly-regarded ("cherished" sounds too...lame) memories...gone down the drain. Oh well. That’s life. To borrow a line from many episodes of South Park: "Suck my balls!" Bitch. Am I directing this to the Pinay? The Pinay's oldest sister? Or both of them (despite 'bitch' being singular)? I'll leave it vague. End of entry.

No comments:

Post a Comment