Saturday, April 23, 2005

PARNO'S PAGE... MAJOR UPDATES: Over the past few weeks or so, I’ve been making subtle chances to my main website. In terms of the web design itself, nothing has really changed...since I still plan on being the only webmaster on the ‘Net to have the same HTML layout till 2010—which means this webpage will have the same look for a total of 10 years (I began this site in 2000)! Why am I doing this? I don’t know. Anyways, in terms of the changes, I re-edited almost all of the photos on this website...which is NO easy task! I have at least 700 files worth of images saved on Crosswinds.net (my webhost), and I used Photoshop 7.0 to re-crop them and adjust their color and brightness through the use of Auto Contrast. As I said, this was no easy task...as all the files were saved on at least 35 floppy disks stacked on my table! I’d transfer all of my files to a blank CD or a USB flash drive, but I’m too lazy to (I know, I know... How ironic). If you’ve been visiting my site since 2000 (not freakin’ bloody likely), you’d notice that the images are crisper in color and/or brightness—or at least better cropped. Now, to list all the sections with the major changes: FRIEND'S Gallery... I’ve added Pages 2 through 6 to this section, and have uploaded new images...including a group photo from my graduation out of Cal State Long Beach in May of 2004. Oh yea, I've also displayed an old picture of me and Desiree P., who I had a huge, huge crush on in high school. Ignore the dorky smile I have on my face in that photo, haha. SPORTS & LADIES Gallery... I re-sorted the images on this page, with all the Lakers, Dodgers and Angels pics on the bottom and the import model photos at the top (starting with the lovely Jasmine Mai). Why did I switch around the order of the images, you ask? Simple... To have visitors stay on this page a lot longer once they click on it, of course! Thanks to Statcounter.com, I found out that this is the most popular page on my website (GEE, I wonder why?), and that most people visiting this section are looking for photos of import models. Sorry Rick Fox and Vladimir Guerrero...but if the Keyword Analysis function on Statcounter is any indication, most people visiting this site want pics of Jasmine Mai or Francine Dee, not retired NBA or MLB players. I also posted up new pics of Lisa Kaye, Natasha Yi, Aubreylyn Laserna and Rowena Galam on this page. A new section devoted to the 2004 Battle of the Imports car show at Fontana's California Speedway has also been added. ASK PARMAN!... I re-edited the caption under that photo of me pretending to be meditating (or looking like a dumbass. It depends on your point of view), and added new animated GIF files under two questions (one of them pertaining to Jessica Alba). Those GIFs are pretty cool! FAVORITES Section... I updated this section since it said I was still a college student and that I’m 24 years old. I wish. I’m now 25, haha. Favorite Films and Favorite TV Shows are the categories most-revised. ARTWORK Section... I re-edited the text, and placed that crappy Photoshop image of those two X-Wings at the bottom of the page. And obviously, I added a ton of new artwork in this section! Check ‘em out! FICTION Section... The page with the most changes is my Hunters of the Dark Side section. Other than the modified images, I’ve added a new pic under the Concept Artwork category. LINKS Section... Added a couple of new links to other sites, including the homepages of models Cordelia and Jasmin Alejandrino. I also deleted the links to sites that no longer exist, as well as revised the URL addresses to those with different domain names. AUTOGRAPHS Section... The Reena Vasquez and Lori Malay autographs are the only ones newly-added, but the thumbnail images to the previous ones have been changed and look much better. Well, that’s all. I’ll still be making new changes to my site over the next few days, but I’ll be too lazy to report them here. All right then, click on those links above and enjoy PARNO’S PAGE! Or PARMAN'S PAGE... Whatever. EDIT: As of right now, my website has gathered 45,505 hits since I installed the Statcounter hit counter to a few of the sections (listed above) last year. The count would obviously be higher if I had these counters in place since 2000, and they were installed in ALL of my sections at the same time (there are still a few sections on my site that don't have a hit counter yet). Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment