Thursday, March 18, 2004

I just logged onto Friendster.com and Yen's profile is no longer accessible since I'm not in her personal network of friends. I'd have to add her as a buddy in order to check out any new info that she added...but since I'm not gonna try to add her (I probably know what her response is gonna be if she got my request), I guess that means I can no longer see what's up with her as I speak-- nor can I send her personal messages through Friendster since I need to be in her personal network to do that. I wonder why she changed the settings to her page? Hmm... Not to sound paranoid or anthing, but could it be because of Yours Truly? She was probably offended that I didn't respond to her e-mail after I wished her Happy Chinese New Year two months ago (check my January 23, 2004 journal entry to read up on that). And while we're on the topic of The Girl Formerly Nicknamed Denise, and who was the inspiration behind the character 'Jeanine' in my Hard-Cores film scripts and Envious, many of you are wondering how I could be so caught up with this gal...since the only thing that happened between us was a measly hug (which I initiated) and several e-mails. Well, I guess you can say that the answer LIES IN THE MOVIES. If Ben Stiller's character can still be in love with Cameron Diaz's Mary after not seeing her for 13 years in There's Something About Mary, and Anakin Skywalker could be in love with Padme when he hasn't seen her for 8 years in Attack of the Clones (YOU GEEK!), then why not me and Yenny? In the words of Stiller in There's Something About Mary: "Crushes don't last for 13 years, do they?" One more thing about Yenny... If there's one reason why I should miss working at Disneyland (yea I worked there, got a problem with that???), it's because of its location. I don't miss helping out the visitors/tourists (or 'Guests' in Disney-jargon)...they're a bunch of rat bastards who asked the stupidest questions to Cast Members. What I do miss was working with the other Cast Members, in which most of them were pretty cool, and the fact that the Happiest Place On Earth lies in Orange County. I like Orange County... They didn't make a TV show on Fox about the place for nothing!! So anyways, why do I like the O.C.? It's because of all the girls I knew who either lived or worked there. Liz Fujimaki, my actress from The Broken Table, lives in the O.C., but I'm not gonna tell you where, Desiree—this girl I used to like in high school—works (or used to work) at Brea Mall...although I don't know if Brea is part of Orange County (update: it is)...and Yenny lives only a couple of miles away from Disneyland!! How do I know? Cuz she listed down the city in her now inaccessible Friendster page, that's why...and that city is pretty damn close to Disneyland. Nancy, a girl I met during my job training at Disneyland last June, and who's Vietnamese like Yen, lives in the same city as Yen (Nancy now goes to UC Riverside)! Although it was hot like a biatch while I was working up there last summer, the one thing I liked about hangin' out on the 6th (and uppermost) level of the Mickey & Friends Parking Structure at Disneyland was its awesome view of Orange County. On a clear day you could see Knotts Berry Farm in the distance. But it's mostly because of the chicks I knew personally that makes me fond of the O.C. (Yes, I AM insane.) Liz, I wanted you to be in my film Envious!! But Sheena did a nice job. Wendy, the actress who bailed on me after the first day of shoot, can rot in hell [SHE didn't live in the O.C...but I still wouldn't mind (insert sexually explicit verb here) her, heheheh]. Desiree, why did you have to get married?!!! Eh, oh well. Yenny, why won't you let non-close friends check out your Friendster page?!!! Bah. And Jasmine? I do believe Ms. Mai mentioned somewhere that she lives in Anaheim. But I won't do anything crazzzay. Unless she wants me to. ()() UPDATE: Elle, one of my actresses in Envious, called me up last night telling me that she got the DVD copy of the film that I mailed to her last Friday. Elle said that she really liked the movie, and that she showed it to her Advanced Production class at Cal State Fullerton, and that her classmates really enjoyed it. She said they laughed during the whole movie. And she also said she liked the dolly shots and that Arturo, my camera operator, did a good job on--you guessed it--operating the camera. Thanks Elle, I really appreciate the compliment. Makes me want to forget the bitterness of not getting into the Spring Filmmakers Showcase, which will be on May 29 at school. I ain't attending.