Thursday, December 21, 2000

Well...we didn't run into Harrison Ford or Pamela Anderson Lee or anything, but Tuesday was still fun. Me and four of my high school friends went to Beverly Hills and Hollywood to go celebrity hunting. Our original plan was to go to a taping of the comedy Everybody Loves Raymond at the Warner Bros. studio in Burbank, but fate dictated that we'd be the last people in the line to be turned away (even though we had tickets). As a way to make up for this, we went to the NBC Studios a couple blocks away to see if we could get tickets to the Tonight Show with Jay Leno taping at the last minute. Needless to say, we didn't...but I ain't complaining. I've already been to two Leno tapings, and it's the second show (the guests were Shaquille O'Neal, Christina Aguilera and, um, Carrot Top) where you can see me clearly since I was in front of the camera.


You'd think that these would be the highlight (or downfalls) of our little trip, would you? WRONG! The highlight of the trip was when I unwittingly fell flat on my face after idiotically jumping onto a walkway that was covered with slippery tiles (this walkway was outside a store on the other side of the street from Hollywood's Mann's Chinese Theater). After this incident, you could pretty much say it was my dignity besides my jaw and left cheekbone that was hurting. Damn, that was a stupid move...and a painful one at that. Even though a little bruise is visible on the left side of my face, I gotta thank my friend Usha for getting me that bag of ice to put over the swelling. I also gotta thank my other friend Jarik for laughing so hard at the fall. Kinda makes you wish I still had that pen camera, huh dawg? What a candid shot that would be...


Before we went home, we chilled at the Beverly Center and ate at the Hard Rock Cafe outside the mall. The food there is pretty good...especially the loaded chicken breast sandwich that I ordered.