Tuesday, October 15, 2024

Photos of the Day: Comet Tsuchinshan–ATLAS Pictures That I Took Last Night...

An image of comet Tsuchinshan–ATLAS as seen with my Nikon D3300 DSLR camera...on October 14, 2024.
Richard T. Par

As promised in my Blog entry last Saturday, I went back to Diamond Bar's Summitridge Park in California yesterday to take more photos of comet C/2023 A3 (Tsuchinshan–ATLAS)!

Comet Tsuchinshan–ATLAS was a bit higher in the sky on October 14, and was more visible than on October 12 since the celestial body was no longer caught in the glare of the Sun as it set below the horizon.

Here are the settings on my Nikon D3300 DSLR camera for last night's cosmic photoshoot:

Lens: 70-300mm Nikon telephoto lens
ISO: 400 to 800
F-stop: f/4.5
Shutter speed: 4 seconds
Live View mode on my LCD screen used instead of the viewfinder

Will I head back out one last time to see this comet before it disappears from our skies for the next 80,000 years? We'll see.

I already took care of FOMO (Fear Of Missing Out) with my two trips to Summitridge Park. Happy Tuesday!

Another image of comet Tsuchinshan–ATLAS as seen with my Nikon D3300 DSLR camera...on October 14, 2024.
Richard T. Par

Another image of comet Tsuchinshan–ATLAS (with satellite trails and those streaks of light caused by an airliner passing next to it) as seen with my Nikon D3300 DSLR camera...on October 14, 2024.
Richard T. Par

Another image of comet Tsuchinshan–ATLAS as seen with my Nikon D3300 DSLR camera...on October 14, 2024.
Richard T. Par

Another image of comet Tsuchinshan–ATLAS as seen with my Nikon D3300 DSLR camera...on October 14, 2024.
Richard T. Par

Another image of comet Tsuchinshan–ATLAS (with those streaks of light caused by another airliner passing below it) as seen with my Nikon D3300 DSLR camera...on October 14, 2024.
Richard T. Par

No comments:

Post a Comment