Friday, October 09, 2020

Photos of the Day #2: My New MacBook!

My 13-inch Apple Macbook computer...which I received from an eBay vendor on October 8, 2020.

Just thought I'd share these pics that I took of the 13-inch Apple MacBook I ordered on eBay last week...courtesy of one of my brothers, who bought it for me as a birthday gift! The MacBook arrived at my house yesterday morning. Despite the fact that it's used, the laptop is working great! I installed the Final Draft 9 scriptwriting program and the Lightworks video editing software (which I used for my short film The Broken Table) last night. I totally can't wait to do filmmaking things with this computer!

Two of three computers now at my disposal at home. The third unseen laptop was used to edit my short film THE BROKEN TABLE last year.

Of course, the main reason why I wanted to get a Mac was to have access to the external hard drive that I used for my projects back in film school (at Cal State Long Beach) 16 years ago. The hard drive was formatted for the Mac G5 that I edited my film Envious on back in 2004...and unfortunately, I haven't had access to this project's media files since then because I mainly use PC computers. Next week, I'm getting an adapter (which I ordered on Amazon) that will hopefully allow me to connect the Firewire cable of this old hard drive to my MacBook. If it works, then woohoo! Sound-wise, Envious has been incomplete for the past 16 years, and I've been yearning to complete it since then. Once Envious is done, the sky's the limit! Can't wait to see what other video projects I'll create with my Apple computer. Happy Friday!

A snapshot of my Apple MacBook after I installed the Final Draft 9 scriptwriting software on it.

A snapshot of my Apple MacBook after I installed the Lightworks video editing program on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment