Tuesday, June 16, 2020

Artwork of the Day: Drawing Valak from THE NUN...

Happy Tuesday, everyone! As mentioned in this previous Blog entry, I was debating whether or not I should make an illustration of Valak, the demonic nun from the 2018 horror flick The Nun. And of course, here's your answer! I might possibly draw Valak again since I'm not really satisfied with the way the coloring turned out (this is one of those cases where I either needed to use colored pencils, or finally learn the art of digital painting), but we'll see.

As far as my next artwork goes, I'm thinking about drawing the Gundam Epyon from the anime Mobile Suit Gundam Wing! I was such a fan of this mecha after seeing him in action when the Japanese series aired on the Cartoon Network 20 years ago, that I bought a model kit of the Epyon and displayed it on my bookshelf at home. But it's been long-gone for over a decade now (I donated it to Goodwill)... Sigh. Anyways, as a Catholic, is it blasphemous that I drew such an evil and grotesque depiction of a sacred member of the religious community? Nahhh. If anything, blame director James Wan for featuring this cool-looking villain in The Conjuring movies! Carry on.

My drawing of Valak from the movie THE NUN.

No comments:

Post a Comment