Friday, November 15, 2019

Rest In Peace, Mr. Lewis.

My high school British Literature teacher Marcus Lewis. May he rest in peace.

Last week, I found out that one of my former high school teachers, Marcus Lewis, had passed away. Mr. Lewis taught British Literature during my senior year at Bishop Amat Memorial...and was one of my favorite instructors there. I was a senior during the 1997-'98 school year—and I recall that Mr. Lewis would give my Brit Lit class extra credit if we watched the movie Titanic (which was released in theaters on December 19, 1997) and gave him our ticket stubs for proof of viewing afterwards! So cool. Mr. Lewis also worked at a Barnes & Noble bookstore during that time, and was able to buy me the James Cameron's Titanic movie book (which was sold out everywhere else) shown below. Of course I paid him back.

Mr. Lewis' passing took place about eight months after my 8th grade teacher Mrs. Maria Ventura left this world. May they both rest in peace.

The JAMES CAMERON'S TITANIC movie book. Mr. Lewis bought me a copy when he worked at a Barnes & Noble bookstore during the time he taught British Literature in my high school.

No comments:

Post a Comment