Sunday, June 30, 2019

Photos of the Day: A Boat Trip Off the Coast of Dana Point, CA...

A snapshot of two dolphins swimming through the water off the coast of Dana Point, California...on June 11, 2019.

Just thought I'd end this month with these photos—taken with my Nikon D3300 camera—that I shot during a whale-watching trip I went on almost three weeks ago (on June 11). I didn't see any whales on this excursion (though other folks on my boat say that they spotted the tail fin of a whale protruding from the water several miles away), but I did take lots of images of a pod of dolphins that surrounded my boat as it made its way out to sea. And before the boat returned to its dock at Dana Point harbor in Orange County, CA, the captain parked the vessel near a buoy where a couple of sea lions and a lone sea gull were resting on during that warm spring day. Of course, I didn't really need to tell you this when you could've just checked out all of the pics in this Blog entry!

A sea lion gazes at my camera while sitting on a buoy anchored off the coast of Dana Point, California...on June 11, 2019.

Will I go whale-watching again, you ask? Definitely! Though I'll probably wait till October 4 (my birthday) to head back to Orange County. To paraphrase Wayne Campbell (Mike Myers) from the 1992 movie Wayne's World: "I will take whale photos with my DSLR camera... Oh yes, I will." Yep, that was cheesy. Happy Sunday!

A snapshot of a dolphin off the coast of Dana Point, California...on June 11, 2019.

A snapshot of two dolphins (with the dorsal fin of a third dolphin visible near the left side of this photo) swimming off the coast of Dana Point, California...on June 11, 2019.

A snapshot of a couple of dolphins swimming off the coast of Dana Point, California...on June 11, 2019.

A snapshot of a dolphin off the coast of Dana Point, California...on June 11, 2019.

A group of sea lions and a lone sea gull rest atop a buoy anchored off the coast of Dana Point, California...on June 11, 2019.

A group of sea lions rest atop a buoy anchored off the coast of Dana Point, California...on June 11, 2019.

A sea lion pup swims near the base of a buoy anchored off the coast of Dana Point, California...on June 11, 2019.

A sea lion sleeps atop a buoy anchored off the coast of Dana Point, California...on June 11, 2019.

No comments:

Post a Comment