Sunday, October 07, 2018

Snapshots of the Day #2: My 20-Year High School Reunion!

The Endless Dreams in Newport Beach, CA...where my Bishop Amat classmates celebrated our 20-year high school reunion on October 6, 2018.

Last night, I drove down to Newport Beach (in Orange County, CA) to attend a dinner cruise that celebrated 20 years since I graduated from high school, and needless to say, it was awesome! I'm totally glad that I went. Originally, I was unsure about whether or not I should go since none of my close friends from school were showing up...but the reunion had such a festive atmosphere that almost every classmate in attendance was willing to approach and touch base with fellow students who they didn't really talk to when we were at Bishop Amat (our alma mater) from 1994 through '98.

A sign welcoming me and my fellow Class of '98 alumni to the Endless Dreams yacht in Newport Beach...where we celebrated our 20-year high school reunion on October 6, 2018.

The dinner cruise was aboard a charter yacht known as Endless Dreams, courtesy of Hornblower Cruises & Events. Personally-speaking, what made this reunion more enjoyable than our 10-year reunion in 2008 was that the cruise around Newport Beach Harbor lasted about 4 hours and we obviously couldn't leave till it ended! (We boarded the ship at 5:30 PM, set sail from the dock around 6:30 PM and didn't return to the pier till after 10 PM.) Since we were all stuck on the Endless Dreams together, my classmates and I had no choice but to talk to as many people onboard as possible...making us bond even more. We had so much fun on this cruise that after we returned to the dock, we literally walked across the street to attend a post-reunion gathering at On the Rocks Bar & Grill. The last 3 photos at the bottom of this entry shows just how many Amat folks stuck around to continue the festiveness that began when we gathered together at the Hornblower dock before 5:30 PM.

A sign aboard the Endless Dreams that honored my classmates who passed away before our 20-year high school reunion.

I totally can't wait for the 30-year reunion in 2028! Some of my classmates joked last night that we should have a 21-year reunion next year, but that's a little too much. No need to make the same mistake that Disney did releasing Star Wars: The Last Jedi and Solo: A Star Wars Story within 5 months of each other! Heck— Even a 25-year reunion would be too soon. 2028 gives all of us Class of '98 folks enough time to experience more life events and changes that we can share three decades after our commencement ceremony was held at Bishop Amat High School (on June 5, 1998). Happy Sunday...and Go Lancers!

LINK: Additional photos I took during my 20-year high school reunion

Regina, Emily, Carlos, Gina and I pose for a group photo aboard the Endless Dreams during our 20-year high school reunion...on October 6, 2018.

Glen, Jane, Alfred and I pose for a group photo aboard the Endless Dreams during our 20-year high school reunion...on October 6, 2018.

Glen, Robert, Peter, Alfred, Jay, Tonantzin and I pose for a group photo aboard the Endless Dreams during our 20-year high school reunion...on October 6, 2018.

Camille, Nisha, her husband Hector, Justyn and I pose for a group photo after we disembarked from the Endless Dreams at the official conclusion of our 20-year high school reunion...on October 6, 2018.

Taking a group photo at a post-reunion gathering at On the Rocks Bar & Grill in Newport Beach...on October 6, 2018.

Taking another group photo at the post-reunion gathering at On the Rocks Bar & Grill in Newport Beach...on October 6, 2018.

Taking one last group photo at the post-reunion gathering at On the Rocks Bar & Grill in Newport Beach...on October 6, 2018.

No comments:

Post a Comment