Monday, January 01, 2018

Photos of the Day: The Wolf Moon of 2018...

An image of the Supermoon that I took with my Nikon D3300 DSLR camera on January 1, 2018.

Happy New Year, Everyone! I hope your first day of 2018 was a safe and memorable one. Anyways, just thought I'd share these pics that I took of tonight's Supermoon, also known as the Wolf Moon...which is the second Supermoon to take place in less than a month. And guess what? A third Supermoon will occur on January 31st—complete with a total lunar eclipse that will be visible over much of the world (except parts of Africa, South America and western Europe)! I definitely can't wait to get pics of that one...assuming I'll be able to get out of bed early in the morning to go outside and take photos. The total lunar eclipse itself begins at 4:51 AM and ends at 6:07 AM, Pacific Standard Time. Don't know if the Moon will have set below the horizon during that time, but it's all good. I used my Nikon D3300 DSLR camera to capture these images.

So once again, have a safe and prosperous new year, everyone! And Happy Monday.

Another image of the Supermoon that I took with my Nikon D3300 DSLR camera on January 1, 2018.

Another image of the Supermoon that I took with my Nikon D3300 DSLR camera on January 1, 2018.

Another image of the Supermoon that I took with my Nikon D3300 DSLR camera on January 1, 2018.

No comments:

Post a Comment