Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Sharon Gless, Bruce Campbell, Jeffrey Donovan and Gabrielle Anwar star in USA Network's BURN NOTICE.

BURN NOTICE... Just thought I’d post an entry giving props to this awesome TV show, which airs Thursday nights on the USA Network with reruns being shown Wednesday nights on My13 (here in SoCal). Burn Notice is about a former spy named Michael Westen (played by Jeffrey Donovan), who abruptly loses his job with the U.S. government and has to make ends meet by using his Special Ops skills assisting hapless civilians in the city of Miami. He’s not alone in helping out innocent folks and fighting the bad guys in nice Florida sunshine, however... Westen is assisted by his hot but trigger-happy ex-girlfriend Fiona (played by Gabrielle Anwar), his close friend / FBI snitch Sam (played by none other than Bruce Campbell of The Evil Dead and Spider-Man movie-cameos fame) and Westen’s chain-smoking mom Madeline (played by Sharon Gless).

There are several reasons why Burn Notice is awesome: 1.) Michael Westen not only kicks ass, but he’s also like MacGyver...building cool contraptions like a cell phone-hacking device made out of a plastic cup and metal hangers (you’d have to watch the episode this was shown in to see how plausible it is), and giving good combat and spying advice whenever he is about to confront a new villain. (Plus— Have any of you ever heard of a ‘water saw’ before? Neither did I. Didn’t know about this cool tool till I watched a recent episode of this show.) 2.) It’s interesting to follow Westen’s quest of tracking down the government folks who suddenly fired him and erased his job history (also known as a burn notice...surprise, surprise). I’m not gonna elaborate, but I can also relate to how he tries to make a living by taking any job he can to make some cash after being "dumped" in Miami following his blacklisting. And 3.) I like how the show is set in Miami. I love Florida, and if it weren’t for the dang hurricanes, I’d totally move there.

Two syndicated episodes of Burn Notice airs on My13 (channel 13) at 8 PM and 9 PM tonight...while the show originally broadcasts at 9 PM on the USA Network tomorrow. Check it out. And no, I wasn’t paid to blog this. Though like Michael Westen, I’ll take the work.

No comments:

Post a Comment