Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Damage on my Toyota Corolla.

THE IMPORTANCE of having a good auto mechanic... Last month, my car fell victim to a major fender bender after someone backed their RV into it. As you can see from the pics above and below, the damage was obviously pretty bad. So bad, in fact...that more than $1300 was spent on repairing my car’s fender and its headlights over a one-week period. Of course, the repair was paid for by the RV driver’s insurance company and not mine. Oh, and did I mention that this accident was done while my car was parked outside my house? And that my house is located on a cul-de-sac? And that the RV driver is one of my neighbors? And that this was the second time in about 3 years that my car got hit while parked in the same spot where my fender went smashy-smashy (that sounds lame, I know) last month? To this day, there’s a long rusty dent on the side of my left passenger door—which I was too lazy to get repaired back when the damage was incurred. My mechanic said it would now cost around $800 to get that dent removed. My car turns 13 in a few weeks, so needless to say I think that dent will obviously be there till I finally replace my trusty ol’ Corolla.

Damage on my Toyota Corolla.

Damage on my Toyota Corolla.

Speaking of my mechanic... As you can see from the pic below, my car looks as good as new after it was repaired. My family and I have been going to the same auto repair guy for God-knows-how-long, and he has done a fantastic job in fixing or conducting maintenance on our automobiles over the years. I’d recommend his garage to anyone who lives around my area and needs some work done on their rides, but you know, my location is classified. And I could care less about the condition of your automobiles. Just kidding about the classified part. That is all.


My Toyota Corolla after it was repaired.

No comments:

Post a Comment