Thursday, October 08, 2009

A satellite dish at the Goonhilly Earth Station in the United Kingdom.

MORE ON SENT FOREVER... On my way to work yesterday, it dawned on me as to whether or not my message was transmitted by itself on Tuesday morning, or it was combined with the messages of other people (a la Hello From Earth) before being radioed up into space. Logistics-wise, it would make more sense and be more efficient to transmit several messages simultaneously from the Goonhilly Earth Station. But if my message is traveling alone through deep space, then that’s even better for me. I don’t mind... I’ll resist the urge to wax philosophical and say that that’s pretty much the equivalent of me being a lone traveler in the universe. ‘Cause I know that this would sound really lame and pathetic to y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment