Monday, October 12, 2009

Part of the former 717 manufacturing site at Boeing in Long Beach, planned to become Long Beach Studios.
Diandra Jay / Long Beach Press-Telegram

LONG BEACH STUDIOS... One of my friends informed me yesterday about a deal being made to turn a former Boeing manufacturing site in Long Beach into a 77-acre movie studio. Being a film school alumnus who went to Cal State Long Beach 5 years ago, I must say that this is awesome news! You know a lot of students who are currently attending CSULB’s film school program will be eager to intern at the studio once it opens...or get a job there once they graduate (well OBVIOUSLY). If it was a choice between working at a movie studio in the LBC and having a job at one in Hollywood (I worked at Paramount Pictures 3 years ago, btw), I’d choose the one in the LBC.

Paramount Pictures is one of the nicest-looking studios you can visit or work at, but the area it’s located in is crap. Sure, Long Beach isn’t exactly the safest city in this state (let alone Los Angeles County), but Hollywood itself is overrated. You can just feel your morals taking a plunge when you’re driving through Tinseltown. I’d elaborate on this, but I don’t wanna. The point of this Blog is to talk about how totally awesome it is to have a film studio being set up only miles away from the school where I studied cinema. I definitely gotta browse online to see if job listings are posted once the studio opens for business. That, and polish my resume.


Click here for more details on this news.

No comments:

Post a Comment