Wednesday, September 03, 2008

PHOTOS OF THE DAY... I don’t have time to type anything as meaningful(?) as the hurricane blog I posted yesterday, so I thought I’d just show these cool pics I found online. Well— They're cool if you’re a warmongering, victory-minded American (which I am...err, kinda), but an extreme turn-off if you’re a no-good, pacifist, non-Yankee beatnik. Which would be anyone not voting for John McCain. Haha, just kidding. I really dug myself into a hole with that comment.

A U.S. Air Force B-2 stealth bomber and 16 other aircraft from the Air Force, Navy, and Marine Corps fly over the USS Kitty Hawk, USS Ronald Reagan, and USS Abraham Lincoln carrier strike groups during a joint photo opportunity that kicked off exercise Valiant Shield, on June 19, 2006.
U.S. Navy photo - Chief Photographer's Mate Todd P. Cichonowicz

This image, which is 100% real, was taken during a photo op that kicked off a U.S. military exercise known as Valiant Shield on June 19, 2006. The war games took place near Guam in the Pacific Ocean. The photo would’ve been even better if there were F-22 Raptors in it. Oh well. That’s what the pic below is for.

An F-22 Raptor and a World War II-era fighter.

No comments:

Post a Comment