Saturday, March 10, 2007

Since early February, I was keeping track of a bird (which is part of the family Trochilidae... Eh, screw it. I'm talking about a hummingbird) that was nesting in my backyard. I took photos, which you can check out here. I know, I know... Not exactly the same as posting up pics of hot import models (click here for that), but whatever. Kinda cool tracking the progress of the chicks as they matured from little hatchlings to full size, um, hummingbirds that eventually left the nest (that, and the amount of bird feces that accumulated on the leaves around the nest over the past month). Makes me want to get a job at National Geographic or the Discovery Channel or something, haha. By the way, did you know the typical hummingbird can flap its wings from 15 to 80 times per second, and have a heartbeat as high as 1,260 beats per minute? You know you find that amusing. For more info on this avian, visit Wikipedia.

Wow.  Look at all that crap.

No comments:

Post a Comment