Saturday, February 14, 2004

"ENVIOUS" update #2: BOY, AM I LAGGIN'. The deadline to submit my film for the 2004 Spring Student Filmmakers Showcase at CSULB is this Friday, February 20th, and I haven't even finished the first cut yet!!! Of course, it's because I'm watching the film over and over again each time I splice in a new shot while I'm editing...to see where I should make the cut during the shot to give it the proper pace with the rest of the film. Perhaps I should put all shots in their respective order before I go Michael Kahn on them. Michael Kahn (A.C.E.) is Steven Spielberg's editor, by the way. I could've interviewed him for my editing class during the Fall semester of 2002...but I was too preoccupied with editing my Intermediate student film, The Broken Table. By the way, I feel sort of weird right now. I stumbled upon certain pics online of one of the girls who worked on Envious. She was a Playboy Cybergirl... Had I seen these pics before my shoot (either the December or pick-up shoots), I might have had a different approach towards working with her. I would go into specifics, but doing so would imply who I'm talking about...if any of my high school or college friends are reading this. UPDATE: Last Tuesday it was announced that the original Star Wars Trilogy is gonna be released on DVD this September 21st!!! Woohoo... Like the Indiana Jones and Godfather DVD sets, there will be 4 discs: the Special Edition versions of the 3 films, plus a bonus 4th one. Unlike Lord of the Rings, I plan on getting this version and whatever version ol' Lucas releases of the "Holy Trilogy" after Episode III comes out in 2005. General Grievous and a clone trooper from Episode III