Wednesday, January 02, 2002

I know I'm a day late, but Happy New Year everyone. I would've sounded more excited and stuff, considering the fact I just came back from Las Vegas a half hour ago (it was a cool trip)...but I just found out my oldest brother and my parents are at a hospital in Irvine right now because my other brother had a seizure. Damn. What caused it?? That never happened to my brother before. I asked my oldest brother if he and my parents wanted me to head to the hospital right now, but he said it was okay. The results turned out negative, but my dad and my other brother are going to see a neurologist tomorrow. Man. On the plus side, at least my brother's okay. But I dread being at home with that happening to my brother again. And on a MORE negative side, messages were left on my sister's cell phone about what happened--but she hasn't freakin' called back. YEAH, GOOD ONE. Anyways, the only time I want to associate myself with 911 is to read about the events last September...not dial the actual phone number if this occurs again. What a not-so-good way to start the New Year.

UPDATE: My dad and my oldest brother just arrived home like 20 minutes ago, and they said my other brother is fine...but he needs to work on his diet. He hardly eats anything that my mom cooks for him (specifically Filipino food), and my dad said it was a low blood sugar level that triggered the seizure. So on the plus side, the seizure can be averted if my brother stops being picky and actually eats what my mom cooks for him. If he actually does that, what happened today most likely won't repeat itself in the future. Knock on wood (Parman goes to the nearby desk to, you guessed it, knock on wood).