Saturday, October 14, 2023

Photos of the Day: The Annular Solar Eclipse...

A photo I took of the annular solar eclipse on October 14, 2023.
Richard T. Par

This morning, I stepped outside of my house to take photos of today's much-anticipated annular solar eclipse...using my Nikon D3300 DSLR camera with a solar filter sheet attached to its lens.

The solar filter sheet, which was suggested by one of my brothers (who used it when he traveled out of state to view the Great American Eclipse of 2017), was purchased through this page on Amazon—and custom-fitted so that it could fit inside a UV lens that was placed at the front of my 300mm telephoto lens.

Needless to say, I'm extremely excited about how the pictures turned out! Not only did I get crisp images of the Moon passing in front of the Sun's surface, but I also captured a couple of sunspots on the solar disk!

Today's photos makes me want to travel out of state to be under the path of totality six months from now...when the next Great North American Eclipse occurs on April 8, 2024! I'll think about this some more.

Another photo I took of the annular solar eclipse on October 14, 2023.
Richard T. Par

Another photo I took of the annular solar eclipse on October 14, 2023.
Richard T. Par

More sunspots become visible on the Sun's surface as the annular solar eclipse is about to conclude...on October 14, 2023.
Richard T. Par

More sunspots become visible on the Sun's surface as the annular solar eclipse is about to conclude...on October 14, 2023.
Richard T. Par

My Nikon D3300 DSLR camera is pointed at the Sun for the annular solar eclipse...on October 14, 2023.
Richard T. Par

The annular solar eclipse is visible on the LCD screen of my Nikon D3300 DSLR camera...on October 14, 2023.
Richard T. Par

With a solar filter sheet attached to the front of its telephoto lens, my Nikon D3300 DSLR camera is pointed at the Sun for the annular solar eclipse...on October 14, 2023.
Richard T. Par

No comments:

Post a Comment