Thursday, August 09, 2018

Photo of the Day: An F-35 Soars Through Death Valley in SoCal...

Just thought I'd share this cool image I found on Instagram showing an F-35A Lightning II zooming past a group of photographers taking snapshots of the stealth jet while standing atop a canyon ledge. This pic was most likely taken at Star Wars Canyon (officially known as Rainbow Canyon)...which is located at Death Valley National Park in Southern California. This rocky terrain is used by combat pilots from the U.S. Air Force and Navy to hone their flying skills—and essentially impersonate Luke Skywalker when the Tatooine farm boy made the Death Star trench run in Star Wars: A New Hope.

This amazing photo makes me want to drive all the way to this popular locale (which is 160 miles north of Los Angeles and 260 miles west of Las Vegas) in the SoCal desert to capture my own images of combat aircraft zooming through the canyon below me at near-Mach speed! Of course, I'd have to wait a few months to do this... I have no intention of dealing with the 118-degree weather in Death Valley right now! Happy Thursday.

A group of photographers take snapshots of an F-35A Lightning II zooming past them...most likely at 'Star Wars Canyon' in Death Valley, California.

No comments:

Post a Comment