Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Welcome Back, A-Wing!

Playing the STAR WARS: X-WING video game on my laptop computer. On-screen is an A-Wing fighter that I'm flying for this mission.

If you're a regular visitor on this Blog (I'll assume that you are), you'll know that I'm a huge fan of the classic StarWars: X-Wing video game that was released on PC back in 1993, and that my favorite Rebel craft to use are the A- and B-Wing starfighters (the screenshot above shows an A-Wing mission that I played on X-Wing back in 2014; yes, I still play this game even today). So it was a thrill to see the tweet below posted this morning...featuring a pic of England's Prince Harry chillin' inside the cockpit of an A-Wing mockup (with Mark Hamill standing nearby) on the Star Wars: Episode VIII set at Pinewood Studios near London. The A-Wing's design will obviously be updated from that in Return of the Jedi, but I'm just glad that it makes its return to the big screen once more. Now I'm waiting on another tweet that will let us know that the B-Wing will also see action during Rian Johnson's 2017 installment in the new Star Wars trilogy. Carry on!

No comments:

Post a Comment