Monday, January 26, 2009

The Sun is about to rise as construction cranes loom around Launch Pad 39-B at Kennedy Space Center, Florida.

TAKING SHAPE... Just thought I’d share these two cool photos of work being completed on the second of three towers that will provide lightning protection for NASA’s Ares I launch vehicle, which will hopefully become operational by 2015. The third and final tower, which along with the other two will be 600 feet in height once finished, should be completed by March or April...well before the scheduled test flight of the Ares I-X rocket in July. In terms of Ares I-X itself, expect a blog in the near future with photos of the vehicle as it continues to be assembled at Kennedy Space Center (KSC) in Florida.

The Sun is about to rise as construction cranes loom around Launch Pad 39-B at Kennedy Space Center, Florida.

A boilerplate mock-up of the Orion spacecraft that will be attached to the top of Ares I-X is scheduled to arrive at KSC via cargo plane this Wednesday or Thursday. Nice.

An artist's concept of an ARES I rocket launching into the sky.

All images courtesy of NASA

No comments:

Post a Comment