Monday, August 27, 2007

Please DON'T call me "Par"... Just wanted to point out that generally, I don't mind it when people call me by my last name. However, this usually only relates to co-workers who I could care less about anyway (just kidding) and long-time friends. But when it comes to someone who I'm really fond of (I'm obviously talking about a girl), being greeted in this impersonal matter by her is actually an issue. In fact, it ticked me off when she called me by my last name (which took place yesterday and Saturday night). Sure, to you folks it's a trivial matter...but when someone you like addresses you as if you're just an acquaintance and nothing more, it's actually pretty disheartening. In fact, I was actually afraid that this was gonna happen. Since I see her a lot at work, obviously, she's gonna be just like my other co-workers and start to call me "Par". I would let her know how I feel about that, but then I would have to elaborate and say something like, "Hey (name of girl). I'd prefer it if you call me "Richard" instead...as I really like you and feel really bad that you address me in such an impersonal matter. Please don't make me feel bad and refer to me by my last name. Thanks. Oh, and do you want me to buy you a drink?" Yea, that won't work. Presumably. Anyways, I'd say more...but I might start repeating myself. Want to know who I'm talking about? It's in the first journal entry I posted for August. I won't link to it.

ONE MORE THING: I'm well aware that people I know who stumble upon this Blog will probably start calling me "Par" just to piss me off. Haha...very funny, you rat bastards.

No comments:

Post a Comment