Monday, January 01, 2001

HAPPY NEW MILLENNIUM!!! I just wanted to wish all of you people a safe and happy new year... So, we're officially in the 21st century now, huh? Wow, pretty amazing. It's too bad we have no astronauts orbiting near Jupiter with some intelligent computer named HAL harassing them...unlike in a certain landmark film created by the late / great Stanley Kubrick. Oh well...


By the way, I think it's gonna be a while before I taste champagne again. Taking a sip of this thing brought back memories of my infamous Tequila episode back in the Spring 1999 semester at CSULB. It's early morning on May 21, the night before my last final (which was an exam for Art 100, which I fortunately was passing with an A)...I just came back from watching Star Wars: Episode 1--The Phantom Menace for the first time at a nearby theater... and one of my friends at my dorm persuaded me to take 4 shots of the beverage (I forgot what that piece of crap was called) before my dorm life came to an end. Yeah, that oughta help me maintain the A I had in my Art class at that time. Try taken an exam after you barfed 2-3 times on your way to the classroom. Fortunately, I still ended up with a final grade of B in the subject. Tightness.


The million dollar question, however, is how I managed to change the subject of this post from welcoming the New Year to taking shots of some nasty-@$$ alcoholic beverage a little more than 1 1/2 years ago.