Friday, May 28, 2004

Me (with the purple lei) and my classmates

GOOD-BYE CALIFORNIA STATE UNIVERSITY, LONG BEACH!!! My graduation was at 9 AM today, and while it almost rained, it was a memorable ceremony: the speeches were funny (especially the one that attacked President Bush), the two announcers who called the graduates' names (why, that would include ME. Heheh) before we stepped onto the stage to shake hands with the President of CSULB were entertaining (the way the announcers spoke reminded me of Lawrence Tanter, the announcer for Laker games at STAPLES Center, haha)...and I took pictures with all of my closest Long Beach friends. And I ate at a good restaurant (called Rock Bottom) in downtown Long Beach afterwards. Even though I didn't finish my food (darn appetizers LOL).

The only disappointment of my graduation was not running into Duyen, who attended the ceremony because of one of her friends (who was an Art major). While Duyen most likely saw me--when I was walking to my seat at the start of the ceremony or when I went up on stage to shake hands with the CSULB President--I didn't see her at all. And I couldn't look for her because I obviously had to meet up with my family after the ceremony ended. When I woke up this morning, I figured that if I didn't see Duyen at school today, I wouldn't see her ever again. And that's pretty much the case. She wants me to e-mail her pics from the graduation, which I will definitely do once I develop the pictures. But other than that, good-bye Yenny-Pooh. Having a picture with you would've been a very memorable moment during my time in Long Beach. It would rank up there with hugging you on the last day of our Geology class almost 4 years ago...and it would rank right above that kiss I planted on Jasmine Mai's cheek at Los Angeles Hot Import Nights two months ago, hahaha.

Sorry to end this entry on such a sad note, but oh well. On a different note, I'm gonna see The Day After Tomorrow sometime this weekend...and Go Lakers in Game 5!!

UPDATE: I like laughing in my journal entries. Heheh! Hahaha! LOL! Anyways... That was lame.

No comments:

Post a Comment