Thursday, October 04, 2018

Celebrating Birthday #39 with Skydive #5...

My tandem instructor and I exit the aircraft 13,000 feet above the city of Oceanside in California...on October 4, 2018.

Earlier today, I drove down to Oceanside in San Diego County, California to mark my 39th birthday by jumping out of an aircraft for the fifth time ever (courtesy of GoJump Oceanside)! As usual, it was awesome...despite the fact that I had to constantly turn my head to the side (and keep my mouth closed) during free fall because I felt like I couldn't breath with the continuous gust of air blasting upwards and hitting me directly in the face. (My tandem instructor and I descended towards the ground from an altitude of 13,000 feet at 120 MPH. The free fall lasted 60 seconds.) You can see this for yourself on my YouTube video—which is posted at the very bottom of this entry.

I plan on marking my 40th birthday next year by skydiving for the sixth time! I already know which jump zone I'm planning to drive to (Hint: It's still in California), but I won't divulge it here since I'm a big believer in not jinxing plans by talking about 'em (moreso, that is) before they take place. So yea— I'm gonna keep you guys out of the loop about that till next autumn, heheh. In the meantime, check out these photos and watch my skydive video below. Happy Thursday night! And a happy free-falling birthday to me once more!

LINK: Click here for more images from my Oceanside tandem skydive

Posing for the camera before boarding the aircraft for my tandem skydive above Oceanside, California...on October 4, 2018.

Falling away from the aircraft at 120 MPH above Oceanside, California...on October 4, 2018.

Skydiving 13,000 feet above Oceanside, California...on October 4, 2018.

My tandem instructor deploys the parachute more than 5,000 feet above the ground at Oceanside, California...on October 4, 2018.

My parachute continues to open thousands of feet above the ground at Oceanside, California...on October 4, 2018.

My videographer continues to film me and my tandem instructor as she falls away from us after our parachute deploys above the ground at Oceanside, California...on October 4, 2018.

My tandem instructor and I are about to touch down at the landing zone in Oceanside, California...safely completing my fifth skydive ever on October 4, 2018.

No comments:

Post a Comment